Wanda's Blog & Teachings
Wanda's Blog & Teachings
By Wanda K. Harris | wandaharris.com
Years ago, God taught me five valuable tips on how to be true to my life. They have helped me tremendously, and I know they'll help you too!
1. BE TRUE to yourself: Don't imitate or conform. Be who God created you to be because He doesn't make mistakes. You are enough.
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - Romans 12:2
2. BE TRUE to your character: Walk in integrity, and God will protect your reputation. Don't try to defend yourself needlessly. God is your defender, so trust Him to protect you. Be courageous, stand up for what's right and don't allow people, money, or fear to control you.
So I, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to you to live a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called [that is, to live a life that exhibits godly character, moral courage, personal integrity, and mature behavior—a life that expresses gratitude to God for your salvation], with all humility [forsaking self-righteousness], and gentleness [maintaining self-control], with patience, bearing with one another in [unselfish] love. - Ephesians 4:1,2
3. BE TRUE to your people: In your circle of influence be the shining light and love people. Challenge and draw people into being more Christ-like as they see the fullness of Christ in you.
Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12: 9-12
4. BE TRUE to your vision: Don't abandon the vision God has given you simply because others may not see or embrace it.
Write the vision and engrave it plainly on [clay] tablets so that the one who reads it will run. For the vision is yet for the appointed [future] time. It hurries toward the goal [of fulfillment]; it will not fail. Even though it delays, wait [patiently] for it, because it will certainly come... - Habakkuk 2:2,3
5. BE TRUE to your team: God doesn't expect you to run with your vision by yourself. He will always send a team because He knows there's dreamwork in teamwork. Recognize them, pray for them, encourage them, embrace them, and release them to use their gifts and talents.
In His grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. - Romans 12:6
Make every effort to keep the oneness of the Spirit in the bond of peace [each individual working together to make the whole successful]. - Ephesians 4:3
Blessings, Wanda Harris
#liveonlovelife #betrue #speaktruth
❤ Thanks for following this Jesus loving woman whose life was powerfully transformed by God in the summer of 1997. Even though I wear many hats in life, I do my best to keep things simple and to enjoy life by helping others. I'm an Author, Minister, Career Woman, Wife, Mother, and Jamma to the most amazing family! My heart's desire is to help others overcome the pains and trials of life so they can joyfully finish the race God has set before them.